Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Give Thanks!

As I thought about the Thanksgiving celebration coming up very soon, I pondered what I could write about here that would motivate us to give thanks.  Then the Lord showed me that my mere words only have so much weight. I can talk about the importance of giving thanks, but that does not serve you (or myself, for that matter) any better.  It's not actually giving thanks.

So today, instead of reading about the importance of giving thanks, I want you to actually stop what you are doing and pull out pen and paper.  Or maybe you can use the comment box below.  And begin to write.  Write as many things that you are thankful for as possible.  Big things.  Little things.  Get specific and leave nothing out.  What are you thankful to the Lord for?

Need inspiration?  Check out these 100 reasons to be grateful!

Write as many things as possible.  Turn your list into a prayer.  Thank the Lord for the countless thousands of blessings He has given you!

It's easy this thanksgiving season to simply think about giving thanks.  We hear words of gratitude, we see pictures telling us to be thankful, but have you stopped to actually thank Him today?


Let us choose to be really and truly thankful this day!

No comments :

Post a Comment