Thursday, July 31, 2014

Announcement!


Hello everyone!


As you know this blog is devoted to the pursuit of knowing God more through Bible reading, prayer, memorization, and meditation.

But the devil tries everything he can to keep us away from these things.  And one of his biggest traps is the internet.  For some reason, whenever we get on here, our time slips away, and before we know it, the evening is here.  And none of the time we spent on here was eternally profitable.  Then as evening comes, we're too tired to get out our Bible, so instead we push little buttons on a TV remote, hoping that it will provide the joy and fullness that only come through Jesus Christ.

These two things, internet and TV, are the greatest traps of the devil.

It is my goal to develop my relationship with Jesus, getting to know Him in a deeper and more personal way. The internet hinders this growth.  

So in light of all the above information, I have decided to fast from the internet and television (not that I watch that much anyway, but the evenings my family decides to watch a movie could be better spent before a Bible) for the month of August.

It is my goal to read at least 10 chapters (but hopefully more like 20 chapters) of the Bible each day.  I would like to spend approximately an hour in prayer with my Savior.  I also plan on memorizing the books of Jonah and Colossians.  Because meditation isn't really quantifiable, lets just say I plan to do a lot of meditation.  :)

So I guess the announcement of today is that I will not be posting anything, or answering any of your questions for the month of August.  You are welcome to submit them, and to answer the survey of my book, but I won't be able to reply to anything until September 1st.

I encourage you to join me in this pursuit as well.  I can guarantee that though it will be hard, the results will be more than worth it.

No comments :

Post a Comment