Saturday, January 3, 2015

Prayer: Acts 1:14

Today, I want to stress to you once again the importance of prayer. This practice brings us closer to the Lord, further molding us into the image of His Son. If we want to be like Jesus, we must pray. Turning our eyes upon Jesus in prayer, not only allows us to talk with the Savior, but also dims the things of this earth, as we meditate upon the King of kings, clothed in a rainbow.

Consider Acts 1:14: "These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

In this verse, the believers got together for the express purpose of prayer. They continued in prayer, not just a one-time, 2-hour prayer meeting; this continued all day! That is what we should be striving to do. "Pray with out ceasing," the Bible says (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I challenge you to that today. Make a special effort to pray throughout the day, by God's wisdom and grace.

Meet with another good friend, or a group of friends and pray today. 

And then note what happens as a result. When the group of people in this verse were praying, they were rewarded by the overflowing of the Holy Spirit upon them. They then preached the Word and saved many. 
Imagine what would happen if you too got on your knees with the Savior today, with other believers.  The results are limitless, for "whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11;24).

I personally have found that there is a great vibrancy in praying with other believers.  I believe it is so because of the promise of Matthew 18:19-20: “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”  When I am praying with other believers His presence is there in a tangible way.  It is simply amazing!

I encourage and challenge you to call up a friend and pray with them today.  Tomorrow you are meeting with other godly believers to worship the Lord.  Pray with them.  I can guarantee, it will be more than worth it.


I'm am praying for you my friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment