Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Testimony of Answered Prayer


Over this past week, I went on a missions trip to a place called World Missionary Press, a place that produces Scripture booklets in 343 different languages to ship out for free across the globe. It’s really an amazing ministry and I would encourage you all to check it out here: http://www.wmpress.org/index.shtml 

One thing that I have found in my three trips volunteering there is what a great emphasis they place on prayer. Everything they do there is saturated with prayer. It’s absolutely amazing. And so, while our team (there were 16 of us) served there this past week, I found that we too often met with the Lord in prayer.

And as a result, I found that the Lord answered so many prayers—in ways beyond my wildest dreams or imaginations. I would like to bear witness to the greatness of my God by sharing these answers with you. Truly, how great is our God!
   
  • Before we even left for the trip, we prayed for a safe arrival to our destination.  And God granted that.  So often, we take for granted that we can travel safely to and from our destinations, yet, when we really think about it, it is completely the Lord's mercy!  In the US, over 37,000 people die in road crashes each year and an additional 2.35 million are injured or disabled, according to the Association for Safe International Road Travel.  Safety is nothing to take for granted.
  • We asked the Lord for spiritual unity as we worked together as a group.  During the whole duration of the trips (4 days of close confinement with one another) I heard not one single argument--even between siblings!  Truly it was an answer to prayer.
  • One of the machines that we were working with kept breaking down. We knew this was from the devil and lifted the machine up to the Lord in prayer.  Jesus kept our hands busy (if it wasn't on the machine, it was on a different project nearby) and gave each of us cheerful attitudes. We were able to see that the Lord's plan would be accomplished--not ours.  We could tell a spiritual battle was being fought in the heavenlies and knew that the Lord would win--even if we printed less Scripture booklets than usual.  I believe that the Lord will multiply the effectiveness of the booklets, so that Satan may not gain the victory.
  • We prayed especially that we might be able to encourage the missionaries who work here each week.  We were able to have some great discussions with a few of the missionaries who all mentioned how encouraged they were.  Others stopped us and thanked us for coming.  We led a chapel service (they hold 20-minute "chapel services" each morning and we were blessed enough to be able to lead one) and afterward some of the missionaries mentioned how encouraging it was.  This was definitely an answer to prayer that could not have been accomplished without the Lord's help.
  • The Lord gave us, especially me, a great spiritual awareness and a intimacy with Him throughout the week--something that I prayed for but was powerless to accomplish on my own.  I remember one time in specific that my friend and I were both feeling a little--shall we say--dry.  Almost as if our fire for the Lord had died down.  So we both went to the Lord together, asking Him to fill us with His presence and ignite our spiritual fire.  Then we had to leave each other for about 15 minutes, and when we came back, we both shared with radiate smiles how the Lord had answered our prayers.
  • Once, I had a couple minutes of free time when we were on break, and I wondered what the Lord would want me to do with my time.  I asked Him to reveal His will to me--whether I should memorize Scripture or join the others in a game outside.  There were pros and cons to each, so I asked the Lord which He would have me do.  I didn't really feel a clear answer from the Lord, so I waited upon Him.  Then, the others announced the game of choice--kickball.  Since I don't enjoy the sport, I decided that I should memorize Scripture instead.  In this way, the Lord revealed His will to me, as He had promised.
  • I also petitioned the Lord to grant me opportunities to inspire and encourage the others on our trip.  So when we got there, I asked the girls if they wanted to join me in a study of John 1-6 for that week.  We each read some of the passage in our private Bible times and then came together and discussed what we have learned.  It was really a beautiful time.  One of the young ladies seemed particularly hungry for God's Word, so I pulled her aside and we were able to go over a passage of John together.  It was a beautiful time.  The Lord prompted my heart in each of these ways.  He also exhorted me to turn the conversation toward God and Scripture. At mealtimes, when we were all together, I asked those around me what they had learned about God from their time serving at World Missionary Press.  I also asked them a Scripture comprehension question which allowed us to discuss a concept in Scripture. It was a blessed time.  The Lord answered my prayers above my greatest imaginings!
These are only a handful of the prayers the Lord answered during our time there. I could go into so much more detail!  But, suffice it to say that we serve a God that delights to answer the prayers of His people.  He is a God of the impossible.  And He loves to show Himself strong.

I can not take any credit for the things that happened to me and through me this past week at World Missionary Press.  I didn't do anything extraordinary. Instead, it was all the Lord's work.  He revealed Himself in amazing ways and answered my every prayer according to His will.  I learned two great lessons this week:

1. Pray always.  God answers prayer.  Pray without ceasing, my friends. Pray for the impossible, for God is the God of the impossible.  Just try it!
2. God's will is always best.  When I lived in the center of His will--turning conversations to Scripture and spent time before Him--I experienced a joy and fulfillment that can't be explained, only experienced.  When we choose to do the things that please God instead of the things that please ourselves, we will find ourselves in the midst of such eternal pleasure that can't be explained.  This is not something I can make you all do--nor can I fully explain it. I can only say, if you are fervent in prayer and in doing the will of the Lord, He will never fail to reward you.

And that, my beloved friends, is the great God we serve--the God who answers prayer.

No comments :

Post a Comment