Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Leonard Ravenhill on Prayer

How do you learn to pray? [Well], how do you learn to swim? Do you sit in a chair with your feet up drinking coke learning to swim? [No], you get down and you struggle. That's how you learn to pray. Prayer is our strength; Prayer generates strength; it generates vision; it generates power; and the devil wilI drive you away from the prayer closet more than anything.

No man is greater than his prayer life.

I want to see something that God builds. I want to find some people so hungry for God that every night they want to pray and make intercession. We're not going to move America any other way.

If you tell me this, I'll tell you how spiritual you are: will you tell me how much you pray? Brother [and sister], I'm not interested [if you're] booked up ten years; I'm not concerned about how many books you've read, how many doctorates you have [or how large your church is], tell me how much you pray!

How much time have you spent with Jesus today? When is the last time you've gone to Him and say, "I'm not going to ask you for a thing; I come to worship you in spirit and in truth."

Jesus prayed there at the Jordon [at His baptism]; He prayed at (the) Mount of Transfiguration; He prays here [John 17] and just before He goes to the cross. Prayer, prayer, prayer all the way! Should I pray less than He prayed?

No comments :

Post a Comment