Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Praying God's Word


Praying God's words back to Him is a very powerful thing.  I don't know if it has the power to change the mind of God, but as I pray His words back to Him, I have found that it certainly does have the power to change my heart.

When I bring my petitions before my heavenly Father, my mind is often fixed upon my own problems.  My problems seem so huge and the task of facing them seems so impossible.  

But when I take the time to remember God's promises, He reminds me that He is all-powerful.  He reminds me that He is on my side.  He reminds me that I only need to wait upon the Lord.

Praying God's Words back to Him reminds me to have faith.

When I was sharing with a Titus 2 woman at our church about a particular weakness I was battling against in my own flesh, and this wise lady advised me to pray the Scriptures that applied to my situation back to God.

Before, when I had prayed about the situation, I always left sort of defeated.  Not saying this is always the case when we pray without the Scriptures, but for me in this particular area, I ended my prayers feeling as if it was my duty to obey God's commands on my own strength.  Either that, or maybe I just didn't really pray about the whole situation and kind of fell into the mindset that it was my duty to accomplish this certain thing, and although I was (and am) incapable of doing it on my own strength, I somehow had to.  This was definitely not the right perspective, but, for some reason, I simply allowed it to continue in my heart.

However, as I began to compile a list of verses and really prayed those back to the Lord, I found that He was on my side!  He hadn't given me a command only to leave me to strive to accomplish it on my own.  Not in the least!  It was HE Who was giving me the power, He would would live His life through me.

Praying God's Words gave me the right perspective on the situation.


It changed my heart.  And it can change yours as well.

As you face impossible situations or tasks, as you move toward obeying the Lord in every area of your life, seek out His Word.  Take some time to write out verses that apply to whatever thing you are praying about. And allow God's Word to transform your heart as you pray those words back to your heavenly Father. Remember Whose side you fight on.  And trust.  Trust that He will fulfill the promises in His Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment